Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2012 Social Finance Forum: Measuring up
Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Friday, November 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM (EST)
Just announced: 2012 Social Finance Forum Webcast!
THE CONFERENCE URL FOR THE WEBCAST WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WEDNESDAY EVENING.
The 2012 Social Finance Forum Webcast will provide real time audio and video programming live from the sold out 2012 Social Finance Forum.
Webcast programming will be streaming all plenary sessions and select workshops including:
- Made to measure: Tools and practices
- Social return on investment (SROI) 101
- It takes a village: Collaboration in shared outcomes and measuring together
- The failure report: Not afraid to measure
See and hear from recognized market leading keynote speakers and panelists including:
- Gordon M. Nixon, President & CEO, RBC
- Arlene Dickinson, CEO, Venture Communications, Dragon's Den panelist
- Andrew Broderick, VP Community Investment, Vancity
- Gayle Peterson, Associate Fellow, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Anthony Bugg Levine, CEO, Non-profit Finance Fund
- Sherri Torjman, Vice President, Caledon Institute of Social Policy
- Ted Anderson, Director, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
- Bart Houlahan, Co-founder, B Lab
Benefits of registering for the Social Finance Forum WEBCAST
- Industry leading content: View presentations by leader in the fields of social finance and impact investment, direct from a sold-out event
- Webcast participants have a voice: As a webcast delegate, you can submit questions to a moderator, and vote on pitch sessions, online.
- Capture and reference Social Finance Forum programming: All webcast broadcast content will be accessible to Social Finance Forum and webcast delegates for one year.
- Networking opportunities: Visit the to make new contacts, find and connect with colleagues.
Join us for the 2012 Social Finance Forum on November 8 and 9, 2012 at the MaRS Discovery District!
Embracing the theme of “measuring up,” the fifth annual Social Finance Forum will delve deeply into the opportunities and challenges surrounding impact measurement, while also exploring other critical elements of what makes a good deal and how existing market opportunities measure up.
The two-day conference will feature:
Plenary sessions: Keynote and panel discussions by national and global leaders in impact investing including, Gord Nixon, President and CEO of RBC; Arlene Dickinson of Venture Communications; Andy Broderick, Vice President, Community Investment, Vancity; Bart Houlahan, Co-founder of B Lab; Jeremy Nicholls, CEO of The SROI Network International and Ted Anderson, interim Director, MaRS Centre for Impact Investing.
Impact Venture Pitch Fair (for accredited investors only): High-potential social ventures and funds seeking debt and/or equity investment capital will pitch to local impact investors.
Good Deals Pitch Presentations: A handful of ventures with high potential will be asked to take part in pitch presentations before the conference audience.
Good Deals Café: Open all day to provide exclusive networking space for ventures and investors to interact and share ideas.
Interactive workshops: Small-group sessions, such as conversations with impact investment leaders, training on impact measurement and workshops.
Announcement of the Social Finance Awards winner: Spotlight on Canada's most influential social finance players.
The annual Social Finance Forum drives the development of the impact investment marketplace in Canada by convening players from across sectors to collectively address key concepts and issues that are central to the field.
For more information on the conference, please visit the Social Finance Forum website.
Network with others attending the Social Finance Forum: Visit the event on LinkedIn to make new contacts, find and connect with colleagues in the Good Deals Cafe.
*Please note that all sales are final. MaRS reserves the right to grant refunds only on a case-by-case basis.
When & Where
MaRS Discovery District
MaRS (www.marsdd.com) is a large scale, mission driven innovation centre located in Toronto and networked across Ontario, focused on building Canada’s next generation of technology companies.
MaRS works closely with entrepreneurs to grow and scale their ventures into global market leaders in life sciences and health care, information, communications and entertainment technologies, cleantech, advanced materials and engineering, as well as innovative social purpose businesses.